In order to keep your network running at peak capacity, you should run a registry cleaning program on it at regular intervals. Following is an overview of when and why to use a registry cleaner.
What is a Registry Cleaner?
Before discussing the when’s and why’s, let’s clarify exactly what registry cleaning is.
A registry cleaner is a program that “cleans” a computer’s operating systems registry and registry boot. The system registry can be thought of as the heart of the computer, for it stores information about a computer’s configuration. Registry cleaning software goes in and cleans out the junk from this part of a computer (eg, spyware, viruses, Trojans), while also putting things in order (discussed below).
As this information indicates, it’s powerful software. Now that you know what it is, let’s get to the why and when of using it.
Why Use a Registry Cleaner?
There are two main reasons to use a registry cleaner, ie:
- Security: As you surf the net, it’s so easy for malicious spyware, viruses and Trojans to infect your hard drive – without you even knowing it. A good registry cleaner locates and removes this from your system, keeping data safe.
- Efficiency: Uploading files, downloading files, editing files, creating files, etc. All of this takes up space on your computer. Over time, this can greatly reduce its efficiency. Most usually notice this when their computer slows down significantly “all of a sudden.”
- A registry cleaner will clean house; put things back in order, ie, move files back to their correct location; spot and fix potential problems between software that may have conflicting performance issues; and free up space for future use.
When to Use a Registry Cleaner
If your computer is having operational problems like the following, a registry cleaner can help to restore it to optimum efficiency:
- System running slow: As alluded to above, every action you perform on your computer leaves a footprint – system-hogging data packets all over the place, downloaded spyware or viruses, etc. All of these slows your computer down.
- Disappearing Data: If you’re having a hard time locating data on your system, cleaning it will get rid of unwanted files and folders, so you can more easily access those you do want.
Everyone computer user should use a registry cleaner because it is one of the easiest ways to increase the performance of your system
About the Author:
IT enthusiast Dan Coppen is a professional webmaster for dozens of IT related websites. He has been advocating the importance of simple tweaks and management of systems, such as the use of registry cleaners, to improve system performance and reliability.